Eight people in the room first thing on Friday morning. The discussion started out with the grapevine talk that once you set up a matrix you can't change it – seems like that's true.
I was one of the few people in the room that don't have OSP installed (at least I don't think we have it installed)
CIG – common interest group
Faculty retreat – 3 year plan
Some assumptions –
- eportfolios have various stakeholders – students, faculty, program directors – it is not something that happens in just one course
- an eportfolio is a collection of multimedia-rich, linked documents that students, faculty, programs, and/or administrators compose, maintian, synthesize,adn develop over time
- eportfolios make possible an integration of multiple venues for learning, inlduing lass, course, program,and extraurriular input.
- eportfolios encourage users to make connections in their interdisciplinary learning.
- eportfolios help developers (students / faculty) make sense of higher educaiton through reflective practies hat encourage users to connet their learning experiences.
- eportfolio development and sharing needs to be based on developer (learner) choice.
Charge students per term??? (35 per term)
Nice repository for students
- ID other constituent groups at your institution that might want to use eportfolios, and ID a dean to facilitate this through developing an inquiry gorup or taskforce and writing the outcomes of the group into various grants. How are you going to reward faculty?
- Collaborate with as many constituents as you can possibly muster to develop "matrix thinking" rubrics for eportfolios
- Discuss with others and emphasize the integration of eportfolios in cross-curricular development practice.
- Share your work broadly, especially with administrators
Move to level 5
Level 5 – authenti evidence as the authoritative evidene for assessmetn, eveluation and reporting
Tech support expectations
few glitches, templates or grids for collection and display of various versions of eportfolios.
online manuals for studtns and for faculty, with multiple learning styles embedded
Administrators expectations –
- compensation for faculty / praise / promotion
- budget taht plans for long-term support
first or last but not least
- document use of eportfolio use for administrative reporting
- suport camus events hat help eportfolio knowledge and use
- show long-term budgetary commitment to hardware ad software use